About Christian Commons
Christian Commons is a non-profit organization in Japan established in 2021 for spreading the Gospel (good news) of the Bible and correctly teaching the Bible in Japan.
- We are a traditional evangelical organization (not Charismatic nor Pentecostal) that believes the inerrancy and sufficiency of the Scripture.
- We hold a classical dispensational view on the Scripture.
- We hold pre-millenial second coming and pre-tribulational rapture views.
- We reject replacement theology, which replaces Israel with Church in many parts of the Scripture when teaching it.
Takashi Sano: Graduated from Doshisha University in Kyoto, Japan, and worked for about 10 years for Harvest Time Ministries, a Protestant (Evangelical) Christian organization that have been proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ since 1986 and broadcasted the TV program “Harvest Time” for 24 years throughout Japan. I started working at the organization as an editor-translator, and later the chief editor of the Japanese Edition of the Israel Today, a magazine published by Messianic Jews in Israel. Then I engaged in translating the TV programs from Japanese to English and news sources used for them from English to Japanese. I was responsible for starting up the Internet ministry of Harvest Time Ministries after the TV program ended in 2010. I’m a translator by occupation (English to Japanese and Japanese to English) with over 25 years of experience.
- Becket Cook, A Change of Affection: A Gay Man’s Incredible Story of Redemption (Thomas Nelson, 2019)
- Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, Israelology: the Missing Link in Systematic Theology (Ariel Ministries)
- Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, Messianic Christology (Ariel Ministries)
- Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, The Remnant of Israel: The Theology, History, and Philosophy of the Messianic Jewish Community (Ariel Ministries)
- Ken Ham, Dr. Calr Wieland, and Dr. Don Batten, Where did the ‘Races’ come from? (Answers in Genesis, 1999) (You can read this booklet in Japanese here)
- Trevor McIlwain with Nancy Everson, Firm Foundations (New Tribes Mission)
- Jamie Buckingham, Power for Living (Arthur S. DeMoss Foundation)
We are committed to providing correct information on the Bible beneficial for Christians and non-Christians alike in the Japanese language. We currently operate three websites shown below to spread the good news of the Bible and warn against teachings of false teachers of the Bible.
Christian Commons (this site)
This site is designed to help those who are new to reading the Bible fully understand the gospel (good news) of the Bible. The website:
- Explains the gospel by explaining important concepts in the Bible such as creation, sin, and justification.
- Shows that the prophecies in the Bible have been fulfilled to prove that the Bible is reliable for our salvation and as the guidebook for our lives.
We hope that the contents will be useful for both unbelievers who want to understand the gospel of the Bible and Christians who believe in the gospel but are not yet conversant with it.
Seishonews.com (Bible-related news website)
This website introduces the end-time prophecies in the Bible and reports news that may have connection with the fulfillment of the prophecies. The news related to Israel and the Middle East will be especially covered, which is essential for understanding the end time.
Biblical.jp (Bible study website)
Biblical.jp is a website that calls attention to the non-biblical teachings that are infiltrating into Christian churches and shows what the Bible actually teaches. It is especially commited to correcting the misunderstandings of the Bible found in “new teachings” like New Apostolic Reformation and Prosperity Gospel. It also runs the Bible study articles on controvertial topics such as pre-tributional rapture and eternal security of believers.
Harvest Watch is a website for calling attention to various unbiblical teachings found among Christian churches and explaining what the Bible actually teaches clearly and concisely in the Japanese language.
With the launch of biblical.jp, a Bible study website, and seishonews.com, a Bible-related news website, Harvest Watch is now an archive and no longer updated.
If you would kindly support our ministry financially, please use the following information to send your donation to us.
Beneficiary Bank (Account with Institution) Information
SWIFT Code: RAKTJPJT
Bank Name: RAKUTEN BANK, LTD.
Branch: HEAD OFFICE
Bank Address: 2-16-5 KONAN, MINATO-KU, TOKYO, JAPAN
Intermediary Bank Information
SWIFT Code: SMBCJPJT
Intermediary Bank Name: SUMITOMO MITSUI BANKING CORPORATION, TOKYO, JAPAN
Beneficiary Name: CHRISTIAN COMMONS
Beneficiary Account Number: 254-7188236
Beneficiary Address: Ibaraki Higashi Hankyu Building 4F, Futabacho 10-1, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-0829, JAPAN